Shade no. 1 – LIGHT, PALE BLUE – ‘A breath of fresh air’ (number 806) has been announced by Benjamin Moore as the color of the year. The color is very airy so it can help to brighten the room and give a calm, fresh feel.
Works best with the following combinations:
1. Light blue + white + gray – for a balanced look
2. Light blue + peachy pink + honey-tone woods – for a romantic look
3. Light blue + indigo blue – for an oceanic look
4. Light blue + pop of neon – for a eclectic look
5. Light blue + white + honey-tone woods for a cozy look
Shade no. 2 – TEAL is Dulux color of the year. It combines the tranquility of blue, and harmony of green, creating balanced and sophisticated hue. It represents stability and confidence.
1. Teal + white + wood- for a natural look
2. Teal + coral + gold- for a homespun look
3. Teal + soft pink – for a bohemian look
4. Teal + yellow + black details – for a modern, energetic look
Shade no. 3 – TURQUOISE – According to Michele Boodro, Editor of Elle decor, turquise hue will be also trending this year. It will be showed up in upholstery, wall coverings and on furniture.
1. Turquoise wall + black & white geometric patterns + pop of another color – for a creative, trendy look
2. Pop of turquoise accessories + white + wood – for a subtle look
3. Turquoise sofa/carpet + other shades of blue (light blue & navy blue) – for an Artistic look
So which one is your favorite shade? Light blue? Teal? Turquoise? What other colors would you combine it with? Would you redecorate according to these color palettes?