So, last Sunday you got a cool cupboard at the flea market. Now what?
Looking at the the listed cupboard’s forms and shapes, it could (almost) be the same piece of furniture so let’s assume for the sake of this post, it is, ok? *wink*
This particular model – a very simple, 2-door (plus occassionaly a drawer) cupboard is one of the most popular ‘old’, furnitures you can find out there. In fact so popular that the parents of my boyfriend have two in their basements! As you might have seen on Snapchat those are not the only treasures I found there.
The point is – that this simple piece, gives us plenty of styling and restyling opportunities, completely changing the look each time:
- We can keep the original version
- Change handles or legs
- Style different items and accessories on top
- …and repaint it whenever the mood strikes!
All for about 80 euros – because that’s the average price. Stylists and DIY-ers heaven, don’t you think?
Here are 6 different ways how you can transform and style it, to give you some ideas and get you in a creative mood.
- In white, styled with a painting, animal scull and magazines on the floor, for a Scandinavian feel.
2. In mustard shades, styled with glass vase, black and white accents and a design wooden hand.
3. Painted in black with pom-pom handles, styled with cacti gang and theater poster for an eclectic look.
4. In dark blue shades, paired with leather lounge chair, brass design lamp and wooden dishware collection a modern, urban style.
5. In sunny yellow to brighten up your day.
6. In muted blue, styled with a round mirror and a stylish plant pot for an inviting entrance.
Spot your favourite? Do you like this idea?
Happy Friday all!