A wall clock is one of those decor elements every home needs. How else would we know it’s coffee o’clock? Favourite show on TV? Deadline coming or time to walk with a dog?
Knowing that it’s a certain time of the day, when certain things have to be done has a way of snapping me into action, unless… I’m checking it on my phone, where all the social media temptation awaits! In order to avoid the urge to spend my time ‘working’ on Instagram, rather than getting things done, I have decided to make myself a real clock. Now I can keep on track simply by having a quick look at the wall where it hangs. Magic! You might remember those ancient methods from your history classes. Just kidding – Clocks are still totally in!
If you would like to design craft your own clock design from scratch like I did, follow the tutorial below:
You will need:
- wooden plank
- round wooden piece (I got mine in white, however if yours is raw, please add white spray paint to the supplies list)
- a drill
- speckled pattern paint (granite)
- painter’s tape
- clock mechanism
- strong glue (super attack / super glue)
1.First of all we will need to drill a hole in a wooden round piece, right in the middle. Make sure to measure it well.
2. Cover half of the round wooden piece with a paper and secure it with a painter’s tape.
3. Use granite paint to cover the remaining half of the wooden piece with a speckled pattern.
4. Glue the back part of the clock mechanism to the wooden plank using super glue.
5. Drill a hole at the top of the wooden plank to hang the clock.
6. Attach the round part to the clock mechanism
7. At the end place the clock’s hands in the front part of your design.
Project, Styling and Photos: Agata Dimmich for Homedit
Super cute and simple! Will try it with a cork plate. Maybe it works as well.
Hello Rahel, I think it would look great – please let me know when you finish, would love to see your design 🙂 Have a great weekend!
Do you have to take the clock apart to change the battery?`