Hello dear friends! How have you been?
If you are following me on Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook (uff, so many social media these days!) you know I was very busy last week, hunting design trends and news, during Salone del Mobile in Milan. Oh boy, I am totally inspired for many, many months ahead and can’t wait to share all what I’ve seen with you. In the meantime, while preparing posts with spotted trends and my favourite finds, here’s a fun DIY project to keep you busy.
You might have seen it on Decor8 already, where I write a monthly DIY column. I’m particularly excited about this one because it’s so quick and effective…it really can’t go wrong! I’m always on a look out for interesting objects that could be repurposed and transformed into something else. This time I tried using my imagination with wooden furniture legs. I spotted them in a local hardware store and instantly fell in love with their shape. I knew they could become something fun and useful and then, the idea of candle holders came to mind!
What I really like about them is that they are stylish but don’t try to look too fancy. They are great both for special occasions like holidays and birthdays, and casual Saturday dinners with friends. I like the look of raw wood, however if you prefer more finished look, you can paint them in your favorite colors. I kept two raw and painted one with white paint.
– 3 different sizes (shape and color) of wooden furniture legs
– A drill
– Golden metal wire
– Golden curtain ring for decoration (and wood glue)
1. Some furniture legs already have screws inside so you will need to take them out before drilling – I’ve used a screwdriver for this, but depending on the leg you might find other tools more useful.
2. Once the screws are out, drill holes in the legs, big enough to hold your candles. I recommend checking (keep trying to fit the candle) while you drill to make sure the hole is not too big.
3. Wash all 3 legs well (to remove the dust from drilling) and wait for them to dry.
4. I have decorated one of the candle holders with a golden metal wire and glued a golden curtain ring on top of the other with hardware glue, however this step is optional.
Taaa daa! I can’t tell you how much I love the atmosphere created with candlelight. I have a lot of candle holders at home, including some pricey ones by favorite design firms, but right now these three are my absolute favorites!
Do you like this type of projects?
Pictures: Agata Dimmich for Decor8
już dawno choruję na takie drewniane świeczniki Aguś :)))) marzy mi się minimum sześć o różnych wysokościach :))) twoje są EKSTRA!!!!!!!miłego dzionka 🙂
z 6 to dopiero można poszaleć 🙂 Dziękuję i czekam na efekty zatem! Miłego dzionka Aguś, buziaki! :*
This is brilliant! I love how unique these can be simply by choosing different furniture legs.
That’s true! There are so many custom options here – different shapes, colors…it’s all possible 🙂 Happy you like the idea Gabi xoxox
Świetny pomysł, piękne wykonanie i super efekt!
Ahhh aż się zarumieniłam od tylu komplementów! :)) Dziękuję Mara! Buźka x
These are very beautiful! Love the curvy shapes so much, they make the space so much friendlier!
Thank you so much Corina! I was quite lucky with the shapes I found, simple yet playful 🙂 Although I think almost any furniture leg can be transforrmed x
What a great idea! Love these shapes.
Thanks Arielle! I like how they turned out too :)) I guess it proves the point that simple DIYs are the best 😛 Have a great afternoon x
Super inspired by this project! Great work 🙂
Thanks a lot Cat! 🙂