Are you planning to attend any of the January fairs?
I wish I could visit them all as there is no better way to get inspired right at the beginning of the new year, than see the new trends by the world-known design brands. One of the fairs not to miss is the IMM Cologne, have you ever been? I very much regret not being able to attend last year when my two dear friends – Holly Becker (Decor8) and Desiree Groenendal (Vosgesparis) designed their own booths and presented them at the „inspiration sphere“ during the exhibition. A great way to see how two talented design and lifestyle bloggers interpet the trends and implement them in their spaces. Wondering what’s exciting this year?
When and Where? 15 to 21 January 2018 in Imm Cologne
Who? 1,200 prestigious exhibitors, design stars and creative newcomers from 50 countries
What? For 1 week the pavilions of the urban district of the metropolis on the Rhine will be transformed into a large showroom dedicated to contemporary interior design, experimental furniture programs and futuristic technologies.
IMMspired tour by Bloggers including „The New Scandinavian Tour” by Desiree Groenendal – Bloggers’ Trendshow, sharing their personal design highlights and developing a Trade fair tour for the 2018.
- Pure – Classic Design / the big brands will show complete living trends, involving visitors in their lifestyle
- Pure Editions – companies geared to more futuristic furniture projects will launch their ideas
- Pure Studios – young design talents will turn to Pure Talents
- „Das Haus – ‚Interios on Stage 2018’ will be the great design event of imm cologne that will illuminate the different „levels of light” in the interpretation of the Czech designer Lucie Koldova.
- The new Pure Architects format will also focus on light, a place for architects to be!
What ideas, colors, shapes and materials will characterize the new year and the new products? The main trends for next year seem to be focused around:
- mix of traditional and contemporary styles
- natural and eco-friendly
- green and monochrome
I’m very curious to see how the trends will be translated into the product design. At the IMM Cologne, there is always a great variety of ideas for every room, every style and every requirement – from the basics all the way to designer pieces.
Some of the big names participating this year include Patricia Urquiola, Bouroullec e Sebastian Herkner, a fair not to miss for sure!
This post has been written in collaboration with DDN Magazine and IMM Cologne.