Here’s a thing, the biggest problem when renting apartments is decorating the walls, as landlords tend to say ‘no’ to hooks. That used to be painful for me, until I discovered masking tapes (ok, there was blue tack before but I never was a big fan, were you?) Now, even though I don’t rent anymore, I still love using mt tapes to make little inspiration galleries around my home. It’s so super easy to attach and take away anytime you want and it just looks good.
Here are a few tips I have created for She Knows to help you get ideas on what to put on your wall.
- Think of a context — where are you going to create your little gallery (kitchen? bedroom? living room?) What story are they going to tell? (Latest fashion inspiration? Design finds? Food styling? Or maybe a family story?)
- Collect all the inspiring materials — magazine cut outs, postcards, your own photos, typographic images.
- Color theme — try to keep in mind one color palette that will fit your room’s decor.
- Mix it all up — prints, photos with magazine cut outs and typographic posters, add patterns and materials if you wish, everything what makes you visually inspired.
- Think of a layout and try experimenting with it. Before attaching it to the wall, arrange it on the floor to see if you like how it looks.
- Once it’s all ready, attach your images to the wall, and enjoy the instant effect!
Easy, right? You can see full article on She Knows here.
Are you using masking tapes and favorite pictures to decorate your walls? Do you like this diea?
Pictures: Agata Dimmich / Passion shake for She Knows