Some would say, why bother DIY-ing if you can just go to the store and buy furniture? Well, there are always pros and cons. Surely an iconic design piece is irreplaceable but what I like and appreciate about making furniture, is the customization options and the price. So, I have rounded up 8 furniture projects to show you the alternative ways of getting modern mid-century look at home. Excited? I am!
1. Functional and incredibly pretty side table by Sugar and Cloth
2. The Flip desk from Home Made Modern (The desk top can be painted in any color you wish)
3.Mid century desk wall unit by Old Brand New (love it in wood but white would look also good)
4. Wood wool bench from Home Made Modern (great budget friendly alternative to design pieces)
5. Painted drawer from Vintage revivals
6. Mid-century modern side table by Beautiful Mess
7. Modern mid century night stand by Visual Heart (love it but I would change the handle for some something more fun)
8. Mid century planters by Sugar and Cloth
I would make them all, maybe different colors or handles but I really love all of these ideas. Last year I made a concrete stool and it’s STILL in the basement waiting to be painted. Hopefully one day I will finish it and show you :)
Have a great day!