Have you ever heard that the lighting is the jewellery of a room?
I would definitely agree especially when it comes in my favourite shiny, metal finish. Some of the design lamps might be slightly above our usual budget, but so is fashionable jewellery – yet, us girls, can’t live without them both! Personally, most of the time I would rather choose a lamp, over a nice pair of earings, but that’s so-called interior blogger syndrome – lamps, blankets, new napkin rings or handmade ceramics always come first!
If you follow recent design trends, among green color, geometric shapes and tropical explosion, brass accents are still strong, so when considering a new lamp for your home, be sure it will be like a morning ray of sunshine, brightening dark corners if chosen well. If things go wrong, you might create the most intense phase of a sunset, happening right in the middle of your living room. Don’t get me wrong, I love sunsets, I just prefer to see them outdoor.
If you agree with me here are 5 tips on how to choose and style a golden brass lamp at home, how to keep it simple and stylish:
- Location: Think where you would like to place your lamp and consider the surrounding. Brass lamps don’t like too much competition so make sure that the place (room corner, side table, ceiling,) is minimal enough to greet the new addition.
- Less is more: Try to find the lamp which combines two materials – brass and glass (transparent), marble or has white shade. This kind of designs tend to blend in better with the rest of the room, being a beautiful accessory, not a show stopper.
- Match the materials: Brass lamps look particularly well paired with textures like wood, concrete, marble.
- Match the colors: This year the best combination for your brass lamp would be shades of blue-green, mineral grey and bright whites.
- Avoid other metals in the area, let the lamp shine bright!
A good accessory has to work with the complete look of the room so use your design intuition to make the right choices and show your personal style. Whether you are looking for a pendant, ceiling, floor or table lamps here are some of my favourite finds from Lampcommerce
1. IC Floor Lamp designed by Flos
2. Captain Flint Floor Lamp designed by Flos
3. IC Table Lamp designed by Flos
4. Copycat Table Lamp designed by Flos
5. IC Pendant Lamp designed by Flos
6. Aerostat Table Lamp designed by Fabbian
7. Mirror Ball Pendant Light designed by Tom Dixon
How do you like it? Would you consider a brass lamp at home?
There are many places where you can shop lamps, however online world is definitely my favourite. Not everything
can should be bought through the internet, some home items need touch and feel (for example sofa), but lamps are certainly one the things we can confidently purchase without trying. And what a joy it is, when they arrive!
Happy shopping and have a great day!
Image source: 1 – Fantasticfrank / Lamp images: Lampcommerce
This post has been written in collaboration with Lampcommerce.